Monday 10 September 2012

My Little Buddies in Kolkata

Last Saturday, we had gone out and Veeran bought me something very special - a bunch of plants that could be the best buddies for our stay here. I call them buddies because I feel connected to them. Mornings when I wake up, the first thing I check is that how far they've grown- are there any new buds, branches, small leaves and all. I especially like it when I see something growing, be a blog or a blossom.

Well, out of the pretty good nursery, I picked up Tulasi, Thechi, curry leaf, some indoor plants and a few 12 month flowering ones. In our little garden in Dhaka, we had grown other sort of plants like litchi, berry, papaya and lime. In fact we had bought flowering plants there but in some time it got infested with some pest which did spread fast and dried up all the plants. So I started putting the seeds of veggies and fruits (that got consumed at home) in the empty pots. Soon they blossomed and tiny leaves started coming of, which later matured into decent saplings.

When you sow a seed or plant a sapling, and if you take care of it properly it grows in a week, returning joy to you. Hope someday in near future, our decent balcony here also will flourish with more floras. And I really hope I get to own some huge area of fertile land and cultivate every sort of veggies and fruits there :-).

Happy Gardening guys! Yes it indeed keeps your mind relaxed throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment